Monday, 9 July 2012

Introduction Page

Good evening everyone,

What started out as a project for a course in Atlantic Canadian literature has expanded and taken on a life of its own!

I started out my final project by interviewing a local author.  When I thought about how I could go further with this interview and make it more meaningful for myself and others I immediately thought about putting it online.  Then I thought about all the ways I could use a blog about Atlantic Canadian literature in my everyday teaching (I'm a high school learning centre teacher).

I decided the best course of action would be to turn what I though was a one time interview into a blog that can live on and evolve along with my understanding and exposure to Atlantic Canadian literature.  I also thought this would be a great spot for my students to engage with some literature.  To write reviews of the books and poems they read and maybe even post some interviews they may do with authors.

This will truly be a learning experience for myself, and I hope for my students as well!

So please join me as I jump into this journey across the landscape of Atlantic Canadian literature.  As I read, review, reflect and discuss all the wonderful works that have grown out of our own backyards.

No comments:

Post a Comment